When you look at the logistics landscape of today and what people need to be successful, for us three important things come to mind: the ability to manage your freight, a rating process and engine and a cost effective method of auditing and paying your carriers. Individually, these services can add their own cost savings but together is where real value creation is possible. This was our thinking when we developed the PORTAL.
Whereas having some software to enter shipments, tender carriers and print bills of lading is important, having something that is scalable across your entire supply chain and evolves with your business is pivotal. For us, this is a transportation management system or TMS and we’ve built ours off of the industry leader MercuryGate.
The TMS is cloud hosted so it is accessible anywhere on any internet enabled device. In addition, the workflow-centric platform and customizable, dashboard interface enables easy management for all of your national and international shipping and receiving.
- Cloud hosted and web accessible via smart phones and tablets
- End-to-end supplier to retailer integration capable
- Order and shipment visibility
- Freight cost and accounting visibility with carrier pricing and service options
- Inbound / outbound shipment and mode management
- Capacity procurement through obtained contracts and spot quoting / bidding
- Automation capabilities in carrier selection, mode determination, and paperwork generation
- Electronic and email tendering / acceptance with carriers
- Real-time shipment status updates and exception notifications
- Built-in pricing and performance metrics
- Support for 70 plus languages across the globe
- Unlimited logins and users for internal users, suppliers, carriers, and customers
Whether it’s your existing LTL or container pricing or we’ve been able to go to the market on your behalf and secure carrier pricing, the ability to see what freight will cost you before, during and after delivery is paramount. Functioning through the TMS’s rate engine, Customer Service Reps can quote prospective customers on the cost of freight, traffic managers can instantly see and select least cost carriers and accounting can spot check freight bills for unapproved accessorial charges or change in fuel costs. Rate management in the PORTAL insures you pay what you’re supposed to pay for your freight.
FREIGHT BILL AUDITING
The current, industry average cost to audit and pay a freight invoice is $11 a bill. When you think about the volume of LTL and small package all the way up to the intermodal and ocean moves, that’s an astronomical cost just to make sure you’re paying what you should pay. Let the PORTAL do the heavy lifting with your managed rates in the TMS.
How it works is rates that match either from electronically received invoices to manually received, the requested payment amount is instantly compared to your manged rates and, if it matches, the invoice is approved and ready for payment. Deviations from your rates causes an Audit Exception routine to investigate further and, all along, metrics are collected to decrease the variables causing rate deviation and increase your remittance accuracy.
With no long term agreements and under a week to get setup and rolling, contact our team today for a demo and see for yourself what the PORTAL can do for you.